Melanoma, the most deadly skin-cancer, does not occur from too much sun.
That is the conclusion from an article at Mercola.com, the World’s #1 Natural Health Website.
The studies examined in the article confirms that what I have been writing about in my previous posts and in my video about 30-years of sun-scare, are the facts.
Dr Mercola doesn’t go as far as to accuse dermatologists for deliberately exaggerating the diagnoses of common skin lesions as melanoma. There are, however, other compelling indications of that.
Dr Mercolas article also reveals a much better, safer and 100% natural alternative to surgery for treatment of non-melanoma skin-cancer.
Below are some quotes from the article in Mercola.com, with links to external sources.
The Surprising Cause of Melanoma (And No, it’s Not Too Much Sun)
Rates of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, have been rising for at least the last three decades, and this increase has been largely blamed on exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun.
However, research published in the British Journal of Dermatology shows that the sun is likely nothing more than a scapegoat in the development of melanoma and that “the large increase in reported incidence is likely to be due to diagnostic drift, which classifies benign lesions as stage 1 melanoma.”
“These findings should lead to a reconsideration of the treatment of ‘early’ lesions, a search for better diagnostic methods to distinguish them from truly malignant melanomas, re-evaluation of the role of ultraviolet radiation and recommendations for protection from it, as well as the need for a new direction in the search for the cause of melanoma.”
This applies not only to skin cancer but other types of cancer as well. Here are just a few highlights into some of the most noteworthy findings:
- According to research by Dr. Cedric Garland, professor of family and preventive medicine at the UC San Diego School of Medicine, some 600,000 cases of breast and colorectal cancers could be prevented each year if vitamin D levels among populations worldwide were increased,
- Optimizing your vitamin D levels could help you to prevent at least 16 different types of cancer including pancreatic, lung, ovarian, prostate, and skin cancers.
- A large-scale, randomized, placebo-controlled study on vitamin D and cancer showed that vitamin D can cut overall cancer risk by as much as 60 percent. This was such ground-breaking news that the Canadian Cancer Society has actually begun endorsing the vitamin as a cancer-prevention therapy.
- Light-skinned women who had high amounts of long-term sun exposure had half the risk of developing advanced breast cancer (cancer that spreads beyond your breast) as women with lower amounts of regular sun exposure, according to a study in the American Journal of Epidemiology.
- A study by Dr. William Grant, Ph.D., internationally recognized research scientist and vitamin D expert, found that about 30 percent of cancer deaths — which amounts to 2 million worldwide and 200,000 in the United States — could be prevented each year with higher levels of vitamin D.
When Using the Sun to Fight Cancer, the Dose is What Matters
The proper dosage to optimize your vitamin D levels means exposing enough of your skin for it to get a slight pink color. The exact time will vary radically depending on many variables, such as you skin color, time of day, season, clouds, altitude and age. The key principle is to never get burned, while still spending as much time as you can in the sun during the peak hours.
A common myth is that occasional exposure of your face and hands to sunlight is “sufficient” for vitamin D nutrition. For most of us, this is an absolutely inadequate. And if you use sunscreen, you will block your body’s ability to produce vitamin D!
Contrary to popular advice, the best time to be in the sun for vitamin D production is actually as near to solar noon as possible which is 1 PM in the summer for most (due to Daylight Saving Time). Most people with fair skin will max out their vitamin D production in just 10-20 minutes. Some will need less, others more. The darker your skin, the longer exposure you will need to optimize your vitamin D production.
Why Not Just Take Vitamin D from a Supplement?
If sunlight or a safe tanning bed is not an option, you can get vitamin D3 in supplement form. This is better than getting no vitamin D at all. However, UVB is really the superior source for vitamin D.
What Should Your Vitamin D Levels be for Cancer Protection?
Natural Treatment for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with non-melanoma skin cancers every year. Dr Bill E. Cham, the leading researcher in this area has shown that cream containing eggplant extract, known as BEC and BEC5, appears to cure and eliminate most non-melanoma skin cancers in just 14 weeks’ time. Unlike surgery, the eggplant-extract cream leaves no scarring and no visible sign a tumor or lesion was ever present. The eggplant extract appears to be exceptionally safe and only kills cancerous cells, leaving healthy cells untouched, and causes only minor side effects, such as itching and burning.
Dr. Cham’s latest study was published in the International Journal of Clinical Medicine this year. The paper includes two impressive case reports of 60-something men who were suffering from large basal cell carcinoma (BCC) or squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), which had plagued them for years. The results upon treatment with a cream formulation of BEC (eggplant extract) twice a day are astounding, and you can view the pictures here.
There are by now so many reports from thoroughly conducted research on the benefits of Vitamin D obtained from moderate but regular UVB exposure, that it leaves without a doubt that tanning is a very healthy activity. Still, the sun-scare lobby is very successful scaring politicians and the non-enlightened public with fraudulent statistics showing that the sun is dangerous. The question is – when will real research and common sense conquer over commercially sponsored “PR-research”? As long as the “dark forces” are successful, our health will continue to deteriorate. That is, of course, one of the purposes of the many cancer-driving organizations that benefits from our suffering.
This post is also available in: Russian